September 9, 2015
“We ask you, brothers, to respect those who labor among you and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, and to esteem them very highly in love because of their work.” 1 Thessalonians 5:12-13
Dear Church Family,
On Sunday night, October 4, we will celebrate ten years of ministry with Todd and Chyrl Pounds. We will host a church-wide reception to honor the work he has done as one who labors among us and over us in the Lord, as Paul puts it. We will enjoy food and fellowship as we remember together some of the highlights of Todd’s ten years of service.
It all began in 2002, when Todd volunteered to help Jeremy Overby and Mark in student ministry. He served for over 3 years until Jeremy’s departure in 2005. At that point, the church voted to call Todd for an interim period before finally calling him permanently to serve as Minister to students in August of 2005.
It is appropriate for us to acknowledge just some of the ways that Todd has ministered over the past ten years. Todd has served in…
- Student ministry—imagine staying late with students for 500 Wednesday nights!
- Pastoral ministries—including weddings, funerals, baptisms, preaching, and counseling
- Discipleship ministries—including taking responsibility for launching, training, and facilitating small group ministries for FBC
- Technology—including spearheading the effort to launch our new church app
- Celebrate Recovery—one of the newest projects for which Todd has been given responsibility
- Associational Sunday School conference leadership
- Planning, leading, and loving 10 summer youth trips!
During the month of September, our church will take up a love offering to show our support to Todd and Chyrl for their faithfulness and commitment to all of us. You may drop your gift by the church office or place a check marked for Todd in the offering plate on Sunday. You may also give through the church app or at “fbcwoodville.com/Todd”. Please consider and pray about your generous gift to them. It will be presented at the fellowship party.